[vlc-devel] Regarding Audio Video Synchronization

Nikhil Agrawal mrnikhilagrawal at gmail.com
Wed May 30 17:35:55 CEST 2007

Hi,

I am using Live555 as media streaming server with VLC as client player. I am
streaming Audio Video MPEG file. Can anyone please tell me how
synchronization of audio stream and video stream is handled in VLC player.
What information VLC uses to synchronize two seperate streams (one audo and
other corresponding video).

I have read some places that RTCP is used for synchronization but want to
know if VLC uses RTCP control packets and which fields of report it uses for
the same.

Thanks and Regards,
Nikhil Agrawal