[vlc-devel] Interesting issue with jvlc & vlc & dlls under Windows XP

Tony Anecito adanecito at yahoo.com
Thu May 31 08:12:48 CEST 2007

Hi Filippo,

  Well I was able to get back to trying to find out why I was getting dll errors while using the jvlc bindings under Windows XP Home Edition. I was getting errors from vlc in debug (-vvv) mode indicating specified procedures could not be found for the following vlc dlls:
  libhttp_plugin.dll, libid3tag_plugin.dll, liblibmpeg2_plugin.dll ... and many more.

  After using a dll tool as you mentioned it turned out mpr.dll that is related to each one of these dlls has a missing export function in a delay-load dependant module. This should not be an issue but libvlc as it finds and loads the dlls in Windows XP is not loading them because of this issue. I saw some posts that indicated that if the libvlc dlls did not call the function in the mpr.dll then the loading of the dll should still continue but apparently the libvlc.dll seems to indicate differently.

  Any ideas what to do? The exe of vlc does not seem to care but when libvlc.dll is loading dlls it seems to care quite a bit. Since Windows 2000 does not have the mpr.dll the dlls load and vlc using jvlc works.

  Thanks,
  -Tony