[vlc-devel] building with java bindings

Alexander Bethke abethke at oamk.fi
Tue Nov 6 08:35:17 CET 2007

Hi again,

still trying to build a vlc that has working java-bindings, flv-muxing
and latest ffmpeg (nellymoser decoding), that can serve as a extension
for Red5.
I took the vlc revision from 01.06.2007, guessing from svn commit
messages that the java bindings are still working by then (before change
to media instance). But the latest ffmpeg is not compatible with this
vlc revision it seems. Producing following error on vlc startup:

cannot load module `/usr/local/lib/vlc/codec/libffmpeg_plugin.so'
(/usr/local/lib/vlc/codec/libffmpeg_plugin.so: undefined symbol:
IF2block_size)

Is the 01.06. revision a good guess or can I also take a later one for
the bindings to work. Anybody any hints? Littlejohn perhaps?
Otherwise I might just have to sadly say goodbye to the java bindings in
my project and connect Red5 and vlc's video stream per http and remote
control like via vlm telnet interface(?). Or does somebody have a better
idea?

@j-b: RTMP support in vlc would be the best thing. :) But I think this
is out of the scope for me now.

By the way is anybody investigating on that flv-muxing bug at the moment?

I am kind of lost with this one,

Thanks for your help, Alex