[vlc-devel] memory corruption / vlc in valgrind

Gilles Sabourin gilles.sabourin at free.fr
Fri Nov 9 19:41:43 CET 2007

Le Sunday 04 November 2007 19:36:05 Jean-Paul Saman, vous avez écrit :
> Gilles Sabourin wrote:
> > OK, I have continued with vlc in valgrind.
> >
> > I have opened my playlist and selected a TV channel. vlc crashes short
> > after 0.5 second playing.
> >

> > valgrind --tool=memcheck --leak-check=yes --db-attach=yes /usr/bin/vlc
>
> Please rebuild with --disable-st and then run valgrind with this:
>
> valgrind -v --tool=memcheck --leak-check=yes --trace-children=yes
> --log-file=log /usr/bin/vlc
>
> and send the valgrind generated 'log.*' files.
>
> Gtz,
> Jean-Paul Saman.

Hello JP,

Anything new ? I have seen in vlc/timeline that you have enhanced subtitle
codec.

I discovered a filtering config file "valgrind.suppressions" in vlc/extras for
valgrind, and then I have modified valgrind launch as below :
valgrind --tool=memcheck --leak-check=yes --trace-children=yes --suppressions=vlc-beta-0.9.0/extras/valgrind.suppressions --log-file=log /usr/bin/vlc

I have attached the log file.

Hope it helps.

Gilles Sabourin