[vlc-devel] 0.9.0 Feature Freeze

Rafaël Carré funman at videolan.org
Mon Nov 12 23:16:53 CET 2007

Hello folks,

I want to let you know that we (I, but some other do agree) decided a
feature freeze to be effective on trunk NOW.

The only features authorized to be added are the ones listed on "0.9.0
feature freeze" trac milestone.

If you have some cool feature to commit, please ask first on vlc-devel@
mailing list, so we can discuss its inclusion in upcoming 0.9.0

If you really need to have it included in trunk, and can't guarantee
stability for 0.9.0 release, we may consider branching 0.9.0, so we can
continue working on trunk without considering stability.

The last planned (hoped) release date was Christmas, but I don't
agree, we need at a very minimum 1 month of beta testing before a
release, so we will now consider 1st quarter of 2007.

Please consider that the release may be postponed again due to a lack
of developer force (join us!).

Thanks

--
Rafaël Carré