[vlc-devel] XSPF nested playlist

Rafaël Carré funman at videolan.org
Tue Nov 13 19:17:18 CET 2007

Hello,

I was thinking how to use our xspf extension to have nodes, here's my
thinking:

1/ Parse the extension and create 2 binary trees:

A tree of the nodes, sorted with an id we create for that occasion. The
tree also store the id of their parent node (or -1 if they have no),
and the node's title.

A tree of items, sorted with their "href" attribute, and a reference to
their parent node (or -1 if they have no).

2/ Create all the nodes.

3/ When we parse the TrackList, we search the item in the items binary
tree, extract the reference to their parent node, search that node in
the nodes binary tree, and add that item as a subitem of the parent
node.

pdherbemont, isn't it too much overkill ?

--
Rafaël Carré