[vlc-devel] multiple aout instances?

Artem Baguinski artm at v2.nl
Thu Nov 15 11:37:12 CET 2007

Hi

I had to filter out the subversion autoemails to get back to humane messahes :)

On Nov 11, 2007 7:52 PM, Antoine Cellerier <dionoea at videolan.org> wrote:
> You could try using something like:
> setup <name> option aout=openal
> I'm not really familiar with the audio output core so I can't tell you
> for sure that VLC won't mix audio and send it to one audio output
> instance only.

With the help of Meuuh at #videolan I've managed to make multiple
instances of aout possible. But I had to add a couple of tiny changes
to vlc core to make this possible (and I made this changes
switch-on-and-offable with a command line option).

> If you're talking about the VLM commands, you can get help in the
> documentation:
> http://wiki.videolan.org/Documentation:Streaming_HowTo/VLM

thanks. that's what i wanted.

> Btw, we'd be glad to include your new audio output module in the VLC
> source tree. Feel free to submit a patch.

Oh, then I'd have to clean the patch AND update it to svn HEAD. I work
with 0.8.6c so I can reuse debian packaging stuff - I want my
collegues to be able to just dpkg -i my custom vlc + plugin(s). But I
guess I could clone your git tree, find 0.8.6c, apply my patches there
and then merge to master...

Yeah, I'll do that right now...

--
cheers,