[vlc-devel] new filter module for special hardware

Jean-Baptiste Kempf jb at videolan.org
Sun Nov 18 18:55:34 CET 2007

On Sun, Nov 18, 2007, Andre Weber wrote :
> I'am new to the list my name is André - at the moment I have done a setup of cygwin - to
> build vlc 0.8.6c Source - after some problem now it works - but I still suffering that
> my newly build module works only with my own build VLC if I copy the (plugin DLL)
> to my normal Installation ofr 0.8.6c it crashes immediately - what other things I have
> to check? or todo?
>
> currently my cygwin environment has GCC 3.4.4 but the official build of Videolan
> was done with GCC 3.4.5 is this a possible cause of my crashes?

I don't know exactly, but the official ones are done with gcc 3.4.5 on
linux, so this might be the problem, but you shouldn't care. I don't
think dlls built with cygwin ever worked with the one built with
mingw32 under linux. If it works with your own build you should submit the
 patch here for comments.

Or see with people who build it with cygwin (I didn't manage to do
so...)

--
jb