[vlc-devel] multiple aout instances?

Artem Baguinski artm at v2.nl
Tue Nov 20 10:35:02 CET 2007

On Nov 16, 2007 11:34 AM, Christophe Massiot <massiot at via.ecp.fr> wrote:
> I would prefer to keep p_this->libvlc in case multi-aout is not
> selected. It is more coherent with a common process-wide audio output.
> Besides I don't think we should attach aout to an object which will
> disappear.
>
> For consistency reasons, we may want to change the name multi-aout to
> --no-aout-keep, like --sout-keep/--no-sout-keep.

correct me if I'm wrong - sout-keep makes sout instance persist when
track changes - i.e. persist in time and --no-sout-keep makes new
instance be created each time track changes, right?

the meaning of --multi-aout is to create several instances of aout
simultaneously, so the analogy isn't perfect and similarly named
option will only add confusion.

but that's only if I understood the meaning of --sout-keep correctly.

--
cheers,
artm

http://lab.v2.nl/