[vlc-devel] Multicast VoD

Vincent Bonnet bonnetv at enseirb.fr
Wed Nov 21 00:39:47 CET 2007

Hello,

I am currently working on a modification of the VLC source code to
enable multicast VoD.
I would like the VoD server to stream the video towards a multicast
address, instead of the address of the machine which sent the RTSP
requests.
The first step is to modify the RTSP module (/modules/misc/rtsp.c) and
more particularly the request handler functions (RtspCallback and
RtspCallbackES) so as to recognize "multicast" word and get multicast
address. This can be found in the SETUP request, inside the "Transport"
field pointed by psz_transport.

My question is : how can i modify the code so as to "link" the VoD
server with the multicast address ?
Up to now, I could not identify which function establishes the link
between VoD server and receiver.

I a working on VLC 0.8.6c source code.
Thanks in advance for any kind of help.

Vincent.