[vlc-devel] Java Bindings: JVLC doesn't work :?

Victor Fuertes Zanon vicfueza at teleco.upv.es
Wed Nov 21 21:13:48 CET 2007

Hello everyone,

I have developed a very simple videoconference application using the Java
Bindings of VLC 0.8.6c. Now I have downloaded the last VLC version using
subversion and I get a crash when I try to run my application. I get the same
crash when I try to run VLCExample or VlcClient.

I show the error:

fictorine at Mario:~/vlc-trunk2/bindings/java$ java VLCExample
== Starting VLCExample ==
Creating a JVLC instance without args[00000001] main libvlc debug: VLC media
player - version 0.9.0-svn Grishenko - (c) 1996-2007 the VideoLAN team
[00000001] main libvlc debug: libvlc was configured with ./configure
'--enable-java-bindings' '--enable-v4l' '--enable-v4l2' '--enable-wxwidgets'
[00000001] main libvlc debug: translation test: code is "C"
Exception in thread "main" org.videolan.jvlc.VLCException: not implemented
        at org.videolan.jvlc.Audio._install_callback(Native Method)
        at org.videolan.jvlc.Audio.install_callaback(Audio.java:44)
        at org.videolan.jvlc.Audio.<init>(Audio.java:39)
        at org.videolan.jvlc.JVLC.<init>(JVLC.java:80)
        at VLCExample.main(VLCExample.java:26)

The native method always throws an exception when it is called, I wonder why :?

My system is Ubuntu 7.10 Gutsy. If anyone knows anything regarding this, please
answer ;)

Regards

Víctor