[vlc-devel] vlc: svn commit r23180 (jb)

Alexis Ballier aballier at gentoo.org
Thu Nov 22 10:19:34 CET 2007

On Thu, 22 Nov 2007 09:41:41 +0100
Felix Paul Kühne <fkuehne.videolan at googlemail.com> wrote:

> On 20.11.2007, at 04:27, Subversion daemon wrote:
>
> > r23180 | jb | 2007-11-20 04:27:16 +0100 (Tue, 20 Nov 2007) | 3 lines
> > Changed paths:
> >    M /branches/0.8.6-bugfix/extras/contrib/src/packages.mak
> >
> > FLAC version has to be 1.2.1...
>
> Could you give a bit more details why FLAC needs to be updated?
> Although this update includes most parts of our existing patches for
> OS X, it introduces new linking problems which didn't exist in the
> previous release. Unless version 1.2.1 introduces great or really
> necessary fixes, I would like to stick to the previous release and
> bundle 1.2.1 with VLC 0.9.0 only.

I'd guess it's because of: http://secunia.com/advisories/27210/

and from your last commit I see you've had problems with asm (probably
due to text relocations), we've been using a patch from the pax team
here for this:
http://sources.gentoo.org/viewcvs.py/gentoo-x86/media-libs/flac/files/

Afaik it's been sent to Josh, but as I didn't closely follow this I
don't know what's the status with it in flac repositories.

I hope that helps.

Alexis.