[vlc-devel] 0.8.6d Release schedule

Rafaël Carré funman at videolan.org
Fri Nov 23 01:30:30 CET 2007

Hello,

I want to remind you the missing steps before a new 0.8.6d release:

* Update system: It is currently disabled, and dionoea (Antoine)
proposed himself to code it with https with an embedded certificate, but
it is still unclear if it will remain insecure or not.
NEED CODE

* MacOSX : There has been quite a lot of changes for that platform,
feepk (Felix) and pdherbemont (Pierre) must confirm there has not been
any regressions.
NEED TESTING

* TESTING !!!! Once developers agree they introduced no bugs since
0.8.6c we must ask the users if they agree too. I'm for a minimal delay
of one week between -test1 and definitive release (provided no new bugs
were found).
NEED TESTING

* Activex : Quovidis (Damien) must tell us when the security issue will
be public, so we can provide patches/workarounds with the advisory
before the release which fix that one.
NEED INFO

The initial date (i.e. tomorrow) is very much too optimistic
NEED NOT DREAM TOO MUCH

Thansk

--
Rafaël Carré <funman at videolan.org>