[vlc-devel] Firefox plugin, using XUL?

Olivier Teuliere ipkiss at gmail.com
Fri Nov 23 11:55:44 CET 2007

On Nov 23, 2007 11:16 AM, Jean-Paul Saman <jean-paul.saman at planet.nl> wrote:
> I don't think that is feasible to use qt4 inside mozilla. I would
> suggest to draw the images yourself and listen to mouseclicks/movements
> as reported to you by mozilla.

You might want to reuse parts of the skins module, which is already able to:
 - read the description of a skin from a XML file
 - draw controls using low-level functions
 - listen to events and react to them

A few months ago, Quovodis proposed to add a new type of window in the
XML file, for windows that could be embedded in a firefox or activex
plugin (another similar option is a mode in which all the skin windows
are loaded in a plugin instead of "normal" windows). It would be very
powerful, but noone had time to do this...

In case you decide to explore this way of action, I can help you to
understand the skins module.

Cheers,
--
Olivier