[vlc-devel] 0.8.6d Release schedule

Jean-Baptiste Kempf jb at videolan.org
Sat Nov 24 02:43:42 CET 2007

On Fri, Nov 23, 2007, Remi Denis-Courmont wrote :
> We already have this in place. What we don't have is security.
>
> I personnaly support removing automated update completely until
> we have proper server infrastructure *and* security implemented.
> And I very much doubt we can fix either of these problems fast.

What about having a popup dialog saying
"Hey man, you have an update available go to
http://www.videolan.org/vlc/download-windows.html to get it" ?

It can go and check once a week or something, to avoid having all people
seing it at the same time.

This is just for Windows and Mac, that don't have intelligent
distribution systems...

Best Regards,

--
Jean-Baptiste Kempf