[vlc-devel] [Request for Comment] new filter module forAtmoLight

Andre Weber WeberAndre at gmx.de
Sun Nov 25 10:44:44 CET 2007

Yes it's "like" Philipps Ambilight - we changed the name to avoid conflicts.
(but currently we allready talking about Aurea Light as an improvement,
but this won't affect my VLC module.)

Is such a plugin suitable for VLC? are you willing to build it into the
official releases of VLC?

If somebody want to see what it does - the second software part
which does the communcation with the external hardware has a
so called "dummy" device - which shows the lights in a small window
- so there is no need to have to hardware for trying out.

the external Software (which is not direct part of my submission) could
be downloaded from here:
the changelog: http://www.primacom.net/~w6533344/atmowin/HISTORY.txt
(since I'am mainting the controlsoftware for windows, before I wasn't able
to collect all software versions... too many people in too many diffect locations
worked on it...)
win32-binaries of the control software: http://www.primacom.net/~w6533344/atmowin/atmoWin_0.43.zip
sources of the control software: http://www.primacom.net/~w6533344/atmowin/atmoWin_0.43_source.zip

the required module for VLC is still here:
Version 0.8.6.c
http://eldo.gotdns.com/vlc-src/vlc-086c/modules/video_filter/atmo.c

Version "Trunk"
http://eldo.gotdns.com/vlc-src/vlc-trunk/modules/video_filter/atmo.c

If some would like to try it with my module - feel free to ask me I will guide
you through the settings for the dummy device it's easy.

I'am currently working on my module to compile it with the trunk sources
instead the VLC 0.8.6c ones... some smaller changes were required
but nothing critical I think...   my compile below cygwin runs fine - but
currently I'am searching for a crash reason inside the settings dialog...

André