[vlc-devel] [Patches] Segfaults in settings dialog

Andre Weber WeberAndre at gmx.de
Tue Nov 27 23:17:32 CET 2007

Hello,

here are my first patches for Videolan  -- please don't tear and feather me if something
is wrong with it.

simple_preferences.cpp -- I have found the following problem:
--> config_GetPsz( p_intf, "dvd" );
returned NULL at my side...(in my private cygwin build) I don't know why ...
and the following derefences of this nice pointer crashed videolan ... ;-)
so did add some checking to the pointer - for me works it now...

preferences.cpp:  produced random crashes when switching the layouts, and reopening
closing the dialog sometimes -  cause was freeing objects but forgotten to clear all references
to it - later access to this dead pointers caused random crashes at funny locations...
I hope my fixes are right... but some function aren't really self explaining..

André

(aka Atmo)