[vlc-devel] vlc: svn commit r23400 (courmisch)

Rémi Denis-Courmont rdenis at simphalempin.com
Wed Nov 28 23:46:57 CET 2007

Le Wednesday 28 November 2007 21:38:13 Alexis Ballier, vous avez écrit :
> Actually I disagree with that, not shipping it while configure.ac
> uses AM_PATH_LIBGCRYPT forces to have libgcrypt as a build
> dependency, while as far as I know it's not.

That's not quite true. First, you only care about m4 macros if you rerun
bootstrap, which is to say, use the "maintainer mode" and modify the build
system. If you get the official source tarball, you couldn't care less, and
that's definitely the recommended method for "packagers". Second, libgcrypt
is a recommended dependency when building anyhow, being needed for TLS
support (through gnutls), Secure RTP, and hopefully soon secure update
notification. Again, while I expect custom embedded builds not to use
libgcrypt, I hope that normal "packagers" do use it.

http://www.remlab.net/