[vlc-devel] Custom streaming application based on vlc

Anand Anand taknevski at gmail.com
Mon Oct 1 09:34:17 CEST 2007

Hi,

As I said in my earlier post I am trying to do customized streaming
application based on vlc. I have written a program to accept packets from
the vlc streaming server. The server is started by issuing the following
command:  vlc -vvv filename  --sout rtp:127.0.0.1..

My program tries to receive rtp packets parse out the header and queue the
packets onto a list which are then written to a file.. However.. I get the
following output:
/*
Successful return fro block_New
Successful return from recv
Successful return from function call
detected TS over RTP
received a too short packet for RTP
Successful return fro block_New
Successful return from recv
received a too short packet for RTP
Successful return fro block_New
Successful return from recvc
received a too short packet for RTP
RTP: prebuffered 2 packets
Segmentation fault
*/

The program terminates with a seg fault at BlockPrebufferRTP.. I used all
the functions in  /modules/access/udp.c  such as BlockParseRTP, BlockUDP,
BlockRTP .

However I simplifeid my code to exclude the sys_t structures  and I replaced
the lines
/*
    p_block->p_buffer       =
        &p_sys->p_allocated_buffer[BLOCK_PADDING_SIZE +
            16 - ((uintptr_t)p_sys->p_allocated_buffer % 16 )];
*/
in __block_New with  my own code :

p_block->p_buffer       = malloc((1500 + 2*32 + 16)*(sizeof(uint8_t)));

in the function block_New in my file... could this be a problem.. Can
someone please help me out?

Thanking You,
Anand Venkat