[vlc-devel] Problems with Boundary separator on demux/mjpeg

Rémi Denis-Courmont rdenis at simphalempin.com
Tue Oct 2 18:42:38 CEST 2007

Le Tuesday 02 October 2007 18:11:36 Agustin Casiva, vous avez écrit :
> The best solution, for my, its get the boundary separtor from the http
> request header, after of the Content-Type line have the exactly boundary
> separator (the modules/access/http.c do it well, see
> access_sys_t->psz_mime).

VLC implementation of MJPEG is incorrect in the sense that it does not
currently use the Content-Type-specified boundary line. Fixing this issue
would fix some (unlikely) false positives of the MJPEG demuxer, as VLC would
only accept the true MIME multipart boundary. In fact, it would allow
rewriting the MJPEG demux as a real generic MIME multipart demux, though
there is no known use for this in a media player - beyond MJPEG.

However, it will not fix the problem with your camera problem per se.
Contrary to RFC2046 §5.1.1, your camera not only fails is missing the CRLF at
the end of the boundary line, but, according to your description, it uses the
end-of-file boundary "--xyz--" instead of the part boundary "--xyz".

http://www.remlab.net/