[vlc-devel] FOSDEM 2008
rdenis at simphalempin.com
Tue Oct 2 19:53:17 CEST 2007
I will *probably* attend FOSDEM 2008, in Brussels, Belgium.
Because of the uncertainty, distance, and lack of hardware support from
ECP/VIA, I will not realistically be able to organize the VideoLAN
participation as I did in 2005 and 2006, then with the help of Yoann and
For the record, nobody did anything this year, inspite of my advance warning
to that same situation. I am not blaming anyone. I just want clear that I
must not be relied w.r.t. FOSDEM anymore.
Again, unless we are to get a developper room (it might already be too late)
the job consists of:
- mail FOSDEM to request a booth,
- collect the names of VideoLAN attendees,
- collect the hardware and estimated value thereof of the attendees
and forward it to FOSDEM dudes before their insurance deadline,
- bring European power extension cords so we don't rely on FOSDEM
uncertain and slow logistics,
- bring a multicast switch, lots of Ethernet cords, and laptops for demos.
Last bullet is pretty much dependant on the ECP folks involvement, but the
rest is pretty trivial.
More information about the vlc-devel