[vlc-devel] libvlc_media_instance_release causing segfaults

Pierre d'Herbemont pdherbemont at free.fr
Wed Oct 3 02:32:43 CEST 2007

Patch Applied, thanks!

On Oct 3, 2007, at 2:03 AM, Enrique Osuna wrote:

> Side note, I did pause the video (via libvlc_media_instance_pause)
> before I called libvlc_media_instance_release, but the input_thread
> kept updating the "intf-change" variable causing
> input_position_changed to be executed.

Well, that bug is known, and we would need to have either a fix in
libvlc, so that it doesn't listen to that event when paused, or, we
do fix vlc's core so that we do have a nice variable for that. Also,
I do think we may not want to trigger "intf-change" when we are in
pause state in core... So that's a third solution.

Thanks again for your nice catches, reports, and patches,

Pierre.