[vlc-devel] [rms at gnu.org: VLC and V4L2]

Richard Hosking richard at hovis.net
Thu Oct 4 14:03:34 CEST 2007

The capture example is in the public domain... here
is the working url!:-

http://v4l2spec.bytesex.org/spec/capture-example.html

this is linked from the home page:-

http://v4l2spec.bytesex.org/

I'm pretty sure the line of code calling free is
correct in the v4l2.c file as the manufacturer
of my v4l2 device has admitted they have an issue
inside their driver when closing and are fast
working on a fix for us.

So I would like to wait at least a week until this
is done so I can verify that the code in v4l2.c is
calling the closing operations correctly.

Richard.