[vlc-devel] Warnings in building VLC

Jean-Baptiste Kempf jb at videolan.org
Thu Oct 4 17:42:00 CEST 2007

Hello folks,

I needed to test a new script of mine, and I tested on a full build of
vlc. It gives all the warning building with gcc 4.2...

I have put the warnings on
http://people.videolan.org/~jb/Warnings-vlc.log

Since there are so many deprecated conversions to char* from string in the logs in
wxwidget module, I splitted some warnings for those who are interested.

- Use of deprecated functions http://people.videolan.org/~jb/Warnings-vlc-deprecated.log
- Implicit declarations of free, malloc, etc...
  http://people.videolan.org/~jb/Warnings-vlc-implicit.log
- Missing initializers
  http://people.videolan.org/~jb/Warnings-vlc-initializer.log
- Unsigned int problems
  http://people.videolan.org/~jb/Warnings-vlc-unsigned.log
- Unused variables
  http://people.videolan.org/~jb/Warnings-vlc-unused.log

Maybe noone cares, so I just lost time to write this mail. Maybe I can
fix some, but I am really unsure, if a guru could gives hints... But
some unused seems to be errors...

Best Regards,

--
Jean-Baptiste Kempf