[vlc-devel] VLC.framework Changes/Modifications

Enrique Osuna enrique.osuna at gmail.com
Sun Oct 7 02:25:00 CEST 2007

Pierre, et. al,

I've made some modifications and changes to your VLC.framework.  Some
are apparent and not so apparent.  One of the first things I did was
build out the VLC.framework using an Xcode project versus a Makefile.
No big advantage, except it was easier for debugging and modifying the
framework.  The second thing I did was make the framework use relative
paths vs. absolute paths.  I spent a few days trying to get the
framework to work because it kept pointing to libraries in nonexistent
pathes.

As far as the actually source code, I ended up moving things around
and tried to organize things as logically as possible.  The
VLCMediaControl class tries to model the MediaControl API as much as
possible, but I know there were a few areas that I failed.

A few notes:

1. Source code only compiles under "Debug" configurations. It won't
compile under "Release" configurations.
2. Source code needs to be placed in trunk/extras/MacOSX/VLC.framework
directory so that it properly copies over the various shared libraries
and plugin modules.  Otherwise, these modules won't copy over and the
framework would be useless.
3. There is a test application in VLC.framework/Examples/test
directory.  It only compiles under "Debug" configurations.
4.  Only known problem with this build is that when you try to add a
directory to the media list, it will check to see if the directory is
a DVD file structure.  If it isn't,  it will generate an segfault.

You can find the code at the following URL:
http://dulces.decandy.com/VLC.framework.zip.

Any feed back is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Enrique