[vlc-devel] vlc: svn commit r22460 (damienf)

Damien Fouilleul Damien.Fouilleul at laposte.net
Mon Oct 8 22:10:41 CEST 2007

Rémi Denis-Courmont wrote:
> Le Saturday 06 October 2007 20:33:42 Subversion daemon, vous avez écrit :
>
>> r22460 | damienf | 2007-10-06 19:33:42 +0200 (Sat, 06 Oct 2007) | 2 lines
>> Changed paths:
>>    M /trunk/include/vlc_threads_funcs.h
>>
>> threads: win32 version of vlc_cond_timedwait()
>>

> Aah, thanks!
>
> By the way, am I the only one to feel that the condition variable functions
> are a bit large for inlines, especially on Win32? And, do we still really
> need to have 3 run-time implementations thereof for a single platform??

yes, i agree, i dunno really why these were in headers in the first
place, but i felt lazy and i only really put the minimum effort into
that one, but by implementing this function i got a bit dazzled about
the state of the existing thread code for win32, sounds awfully
complicated for what it does, it sounds to me that it does more than it
should. when I have time I'll review that code properly and take it out
the headers all together.

actually, i'm thinking off taking it out altogether and wrap the
existing calls to pthread-win32 instead

anyone has a strong opinion on this ?

Damien