[vlc-devel] libvlc_new arguments?

Enrique Osuna enrique.osuna at gmail.com
Sun Oct 21 11:38:57 CEST 2007

libvlc_new doesn't ignore the first argument.  Unless something has changed
in the code between yesterday and today. The following code is used in the
MacOSX bindings to make sure that libvlc can find where the lib and module
folder is:

        char *lib_vlc_params[] = {
            applicationPath, "-I", "dummy", "-vvvv",
            "--opengl-provider", "minimal_macosx",
            "--no-video-title-show", NULL
        };

        instance = libvlc_new( 7, lib_vlc_params, &ex );
        quit_on_exception( &ex );

Where application path is the location of where your application sits (and
lib and modules should be subfolders sitting right next to your
application).  I haven't confirmed and looked at the code, but I could be
mistaken.  But like I said, the preceding code works great in the MacOSX
bindings.