[vlc-devel] Fwd: Re: [vlc] SPDIF audio output is skipping

Jean-Baptiste DROSS jb.dross at gmx.net
Tue Oct 30 21:01:55 CET 2007

Dear all,

I've been advised to post my issue here, instead of the user distribution-list, so here it is:

I am experiencing issues with the SPDIF output, which seems to be skipping/echoing.
I am using a Creative X-fi sound card under WinXP Pro, with standard creative drivers, connected via spdif to my 5.1 amp. Audio output is perfect otherwise, but not when using SPDIF. Other software does not seem to have any issue (I am using PowerDVD as an alternative to watch my DVD, and it s working fine), therefore I am suspecting the problem lies within VLC.

I've dumped the message logs, but couldn't find anything relevant to me (see attached file), except the ambiguous message: "audio output is too slow (590175), trashing 32000us"

Any help would be appreciated. As already mentioned, I am open to any suggestion. If needed I can compile the source and inquire myself, but I do need some guidance as I haven't look yet at the code and don't expect it to be simple

Cheers
JB