[vlc-devel] Re : [Fink] 0.8.6c commit to the unstable tree

Pierre-Henri Lavigne akeson_chihiro at yahoo.ca
Sun Sep 2 20:24:55 CEST 2007

Hi again,

1) If close the window, or 'stop' the video and then 'File -> Quit', the vlc process

doesn't seem to terminate. Even one hour later, a ps auxwww | grep wxvlc will

show a result.

2) I got conflicts with different wxwidgets on my own machine. I fixed it, vlc
can check wx params in a true way, even with unicode, but I still have a
warning panel at startup : Error : Cannot set locate to ' '.
Related logs :

(process:15051): Gdk-WARNING **: locale not supported by C library

(.:15051): Gtk-WARNING **: Locale not supported by C library.

        Using the fallback 'C' locale.

3) I --disable-glx and stuffs like Fullscreen works now ! Even with dual display,
no need overlay option. Pretty good. I was told such stuffs like gl extensions will
work better in Leopard.
But Snapshot still not works. Tested with various videos and png or jpg

I compiled VLC with libpng, libjpg and libtiff. Log example :
main error: no suitable encoder module for fourcc `jpeg'.
VLC probably does not support this image format.
main error: could not create snapshot /Users/akesonchihiro/Pictures/vlcsnap-9299773.jpg
Any idea please ?

4) With the current Fink librairies, I can skip in the menu bar the display of
* Navigation (which is empty)
* Help -> Check for updates
Can I easily customize this please ?

Below my replies to your post Pierre.