[vlc-devel] "main error: stale interface subscribers" means what ???

Howard Langdon howard.langdon at gmail.com
Tue Sep 4 12:20:56 CEST 2007

Hi,

I am using VLC player as the client for my streaming server. When I close an
instance of the VLC player which is just about to play a wav file being
streamed, the Internet Explorer crashes down. ( I actually close the VLC
player just a few milliseconds after giving it the path of the streamed file
to play.)

When I saw the logs of the VLC, I found a message "main error: stale
interface subscribers" there. It would be of great help if anyone could
suggest, what this error message signifies.

Thanks and regards,

Howard Langdon
Since 1984