[vlc-devel] net_Read in modules/access/udp.c and __net_Read in src/network/udp.c

Anand Anand taknevski at gmail.com
Thu Sep 6 17:13:04 CEST 2007

Hi,
Thanks for the prompt reply. I understand that BlockUDP is called by
BlockPrebufferRTP in a for loop.. so for rtp streams the datagrams are being
received datagram by datagram.. however for raw udp streams I dont see the
recv function being called(BlockUDP) in a while or for loop? Am i missing
something?

Another question is regarding this statement:
p_access->pf_block = BlockRTP

how is it that no arguments are being passed to the function? shouldnt
p_access be passed as an argument to the function or where is it implied?
are the BlockRTP and BlockUDP functions being run continuously in a thread
somewhere?

is there some good book on vlc development?

thank you,
anand