[vlc-devel] synergies request

Michael Schmidt schmidtm524 at googlemail.com
Mon Sep 17 00:04:31 CEST 2007

Hello

I was dis-satisfied with winamp and searched for an open source
alternatice. The Media Player Classic is quite good, though basic, and
videoland is as well quite developed, as well for DVD files.

But has some bugs too in the usage process, maybe I can report later...

I read, that you are up to a new gui with QT! Good luck for that.

I adress to this list, as there is no core development team mentioned
on the page, which is good and need not to be changed.

First, I just frankly want to ask, if it is possible to bundle
Videolan installer with an Instant Messenger, opensource in client and
protocol and serverless with QT Gui.

I think it is a good one, so just to spread the good thing, maybe this
is possible?

Second, if you test it, maybe you are even more interested in
collaboration with this tool, as it already has a  QT-Gui.

The messenger is as well a file sharing app, and all good filesharing
apps have a hook-up media player like shareaza.

Third, the f2f protocol of the messenger allows as well streaming,
showing media to friends, which could be done with the IM-Screen, and
third, as well streaming and VOIP and Video-Telephonie should be
implemented.. so Videolan media player is ideal for that?

Fourth, there is a discussion to bring this tool onto the
www.openmoko.org linux mobile phone as a IM.
This phone needs as well still a media player.. even the player bevore
a DVB-T Television is implemented into the phone.

So a lot of synergies.
If Videolan change the gui to QT, maybe it could merge the IM in as
well. Before QT is ready, maybe you can bundle the installer already?

If QT for Videolan then is ready, maybe you are interested to make
videolan the media player for openmoko with RS IM as well the
Messenger for openmoko,

Third then maybe you join the RS IM development, to bring in video Chat?

Please have a look, what is possible to incorporate

Thanks