[vlc-devel] building java bindings fail

Gregor Fuis gujs.lists at gmail.com
Mon Sep 17 17:04:35 CEST 2007

Tony Anecito wrote:
> Hi Gregor,
>
> There have been quite a few changes over the last
> couple of days so I am not surprised it is broken.
> I am trying to get Cygwin to work but have some issues
> with the Makfile that are unreleated.
>
> What tool(s) are you using for the build and what OS
> is the target?
>
> Thanks,
> -Tony
>
> --- Gregor Fuis <gujs.lists at gmail.com> wrote:
>

>> Hello,
>>
>> Todays trunk fails to build with java bindings. Here
>> is the error:
>>
>> gcc -std=gnu99 -Wall -Wextra -Wno-unused-parameter
>> -Wsign-compare
>> -Wundef -Wpointer-arith -Wbad-function-cast
>> -Wcast-align -Wwrite-strings
>> -Wmissing-prototypes -o .libs/vlc vlc-vlc.o
>> src/.libs/libvlc.so
>> -L/iptv-java/vlc/lib -Wl,--rpath
>> -Wl,/home/iptv/VideoLAN/vlc-trunk-java/src/.libs
>> -Wl,--rpath
>> -Wl,/iptv-java/vlc/lib
>> src/.libs/libvlc.so: undefined reference to
>> `pthread_condattr_setclock'
>> collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
>> make[2]: *** [vlc] Error 1
>> make[2]: Leaving directory
>> `/home/iptv/VideoLAN/vlc-trunk-java'
>> make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
>> make[1]: Leaving directory
>> `/home/iptv/VideoLAN/vlc-trunk-java'
>> make: *** [all] Error 2
>>
>> Best Regards,
>>
>> Gregor

I am using linux! And I could build successful vlc-trunk one week ago
with java binding. It is true that all functions in bindings do not
work, that is why I contacted littlejohn to support me a little, that I
can learn how to add and fix java bindings, but I didn't get any
response from him. I will try again in future.

Best Regards,
Gregor Fuis