[vlc-devel] Current extras/contrib faac patch broken -- needs LF only, at least under Cygwin

Mark Moriarty mfmbusiness at earthlink.net
Tue Sep 18 13:28:15 CEST 2007

I did a kill-and-fill on my trunk.  Building on Cygwin under WinXP.

At extras/contrib faac, I get:
touch faac
patch -p0 < Patches/faac.patch
patching file faac/bootstrap
Reversed (or previously applied) patch detected!  Assume -R? [n]

I had not opened the faac patch file, touched it in any way -- what's being
applied is directly as it came from subversion.

After that, I opened the faac.patch, made a null change (deleted, then
reinserted, a blank line at the bottom), saved it and it ran OK.  The net
effect of the change I made was to convert the file back to Unix format (LF
only).

Thanks.

Mark