[vlc-devel] Current extras/contrib faac patch broken -- needsLF only, at least under Cygwin

Mark Moriarty mfmbusiness at earthlink.net
Wed Sep 19 01:16:06 CEST 2007

I have never seen msys to work, even worse than Cygwin, I totally gave up on
it as even a concept after the fourth installation.

The things I'm running into shouldn't be msys vs. Cygwin, but simply someone
touching some individual lines of the files so that the .patch files end up
being a mix of both DOS and Unix style within a single patch file -- CR-LF
issues are simple, but real, things.  I ran into them in my initial VLC
patches several years ago, learned to make sure that I had my editor set
properly so that the files I touched came out in Unix style.

Patches/live-config.patch has the same problem, too, on the very latest svn
download (from 12 hours ago). Here's what I get on a build with the very
latest extras/contrib:
patch -Np0 < Patches/live-config.patch
patching file live/config.armeb-uclibc
patching file live/config.armlinux
Hunk #1 FAILED at 1.
1 out of 1 hunk FAILED -- saving rejects to file live/config.armlinux.rej
The next patch would create the file live/config.armlinux.orig,
which already exists!  Skipping patch.
1 out of 1 hunk ignored -- saving rejects to file
live/config.armlinux.orig.rej
The next patch would create the file live/config.armlinux.rej,
which already exists!  Skipping patch.
1 out of 1 hunk ignored -- saving rejects to file
live/config.armlinux.rej.rej
patching file live/config.cygwin
patching file live/config.freebsd
patching file live/config.linux
patching file live/config.linux-gdb
patching file live/config.macosx-before-version-10.4
patching file live/config.mingw
Hunk #1 succeeded at 1 with fuzz 2.
patching file live/config.openbsd
patching file live/config.solaris
patching file live/config.uClinux
make[2]: *** [live] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/mfm/vlc-trunk/extras/contrib/src'
make[1]: *** [src] Error 2

I open live-config.patch, resave in Unix format, and live then builds fine.