[vlc-devel] VLC and Windows

Tony Anecito adanecito at yahoo.com
Fri Sep 21 19:57:42 CEST 2007

Hi Rafael,
I agree with Bill. And I have asked for help and
usually get the response "change to a different build
system" or "sorry our build environment is not Cygwin
but we cross compile for windows" YET the dlls they
claim to have built are NEVER EVER made avialable for
distribution for testing. So I continue to struggle
with every change that is made and spend weeks getting
a windows build (maybe). I have spent weeks when my
builds work helping the team fix windows and java bugs
that do go into the builds.

I like some others do work in the CORP environment and
changing the build environment so rapidly is looked
upon in a very negative manner. I have also worked for
23+ years doing software development and understand
the need of what you ask but like Bill I see a 50%
windows user base in the forums and wonder the risk of
of losing people supporting development of that
platform by removing or changing drastically the build
support.

All I want is the dlls that the Linux group (JVLC)
claims to have built for windows yet never distribute.
I have asked repeatedly and was met with silence
(probably from what I have seen thier builds really no
longer work). Remember, I am the windows developer who
suggested fixes but if I do not have stable
environment to work in then I can not help the team.

Regards,
-Tony