[vlc-devel] Patch to filter audio PIDs by --audio-language in TS streams

Laurent Aimar fenrir at via.ecp.fr
Fri Sep 21 20:19:09 CEST 2007

On Fri, Sep 21, 2007, Mark Paulus wrote:
> The purpose is to allow for the use of the --audio-language
> command line option to limit out certain audio streams
> from a TS file.
 I think a more generic way would be to use stream_out
module "duplicate" (modules/stream_out/duplicate.c)
 It can already select es by type (audio,video,..), by es id, by
program number, ...
You could just add another way to select es like audio-language=list.

For your problem, you may also try :
 vlc file.ts --audio-language=value --sout '#...'
(ie without the --sout-all)
Or you can filter by PID using
 vlc file.ts --ts-es-id-pid --sout '#duplicate{es=pid1,pid2,pid3}:transcode{}:...'

--
fenrir