[vlc-devel] Missing files in po/POTFILES.in

Christophe Mutricy xtophe at nxtelevision.com
Wed Sep 26 20:22:56 CEST 2007

On Wed, Sep 26, 07 at 19:03 +0200, Daniel Nylander wrote:
> The following files contain translations and are currently not in use.
> Please consider adding these to the POTFILES.in file, located in the po/
> directory.
>

> modules/codec/subtitles/t140.c
> modules/misc/notify/telepathy.c
Those one are quite new and haven't been added yet as explained by Rémi

> bindings/python/vlcwidget.py
> extras/mpris.glade
I'm not sure if we should add those one. will they go and look in the
vlc.mo even if there call from somewhere else.

> libs/loader/driver.c
> libs/loader/ldt_keeper.c
It depends what those messages are. The policy in VLC is to not
localised the debug message. I'll have a look

> modules/gui/pda/pda.glade
'm not sure if this GUI is still working. But it'll add it

> If some of these files are left out on purpose then please add them to
> POTFILES.skip instead of POTFILES.in. A file 'missing' containing this
> list of left out files has been written in the current directory.

Currently, POTFILES.in is generated from the top Makefile.
It finds all the files with a certain extension then remove some files.
I'm not sure if it's the cleannest way to do.
(one problem is that sort doesn't behave the same on all system leading
to some hugee diff when adding only a few files)

--
Xtophe