[vlc-devel] Recording incoming stream

Amaresh Ram Amaresh.Ram at lntinfotech.com
Fri Sep 28 12:17:05 CEST 2007

Hi,

At this moment we are using VLC for just playing the incoming stream in
linux environment. We are planning to use it to record the same stream. As
per the HOW to documentation, it can be done through command line parameter
to VLC as well as through Advance option. It means that we can not start
recording in the middle of the video rendering. We are trying to add couple
of interface in libvlc to provide runtime record support.

As per my understanding, we need to create sout instance, packetizer
instance, etc... . But we don't know the exact flow of the media recording.
so can someone guide us to add this feature.

regards,
Amaresh