[vlc-devel] vlc and mythtv

Kenneth Ng kenneth.d.ng at gmail.com
Tue Apr 1 18:04:07 CEST 2008

Has anyone tried using vlc to play back recordings made by MythTV?
MythTV is a program that turns a Linux box with a TV card into a DVR.
I'm running MythTV on a Fedora 8 box using the ATRPM yum repository.
If I play the mpg using Xine, its fine.  If I play it using VLC 0.8.6e
on Fedora 8 it plays sped up, sounding like Alvin and the Chipmunks.
If I take the same file, and play it on Windows with VLC  0.8.6C, the
speed is normal, but there is a noticable pause in the audio every two
or three seconds.  If you need me to try a few things, just let me
know what to do.