[vlc-devel] Too many build deps

Jean-Baptiste Kempf jb at videolan.org
Thu Apr 3 22:10:26 CEST 2008

On Wed, Apr 02, 2008 at 06:52:54PM +0300, Rémi Denis-Courmont wrote :
> Le Wednesday 02 April 2008 18:05:09 Jean-Baptiste Kempf, vous avez écrit :
> > Just a random question, do you want it on its special project, or do you
> > want it in the projects/ in vlc Git source code, like mozilla, ActiveX
> > and MacOSX who are also wrappers around libvlc ?

> No offense, but while I don't mind this in the same git tree, I don't want
> this in the same source tarball and build system.
Ok, then let's not enable those for the source tarball and in the build.

I just want an easy way to build the projects in order to have the
windows build with the eternal projects...

> > It might be easier then for maintainers and packagers,
> Oh no. It will be more difficult for packagers.
As the de facto packager for windows, I disagree...

I don't get why there isn't a libvlc, vlc, vlc-modules-noX, vlc-modules,
vlc-plugin-mozilla vlc-plugin-phonon in the distributions.
But this is more a packager issue, or not ?

--
jb