[vlc-devel] commit: when releasing vlm, clear all media (Filippo Carone )

Filippo Carone filippo at carone.org
Wed Apr 9 10:14:34 CEST 2008

Pierre d'Herbemont ha scritto:
> On Apr 9, 2008, at 12:32 AM, git version control wrote:
>
>> vlc | branch: master | Filippo Carone <littlejohn at videolan.org> |
>> Wed Apr  9 00:31:19 2008 +0200|
>> [f4374c591987261688fd558a5f1c22bd529a1d34]
>>
>> when releasing vlm, clear all media
>>

>> +    vlm_Control( p_vlm, VLM_CLEAR_MEDIAS, NULL );
>>     vlm_Delete( p_vlm );
>> }
>>

> This should be fixed in the vlm destructor, not in libvlc.

The reason I put it in libvlc was an error I got in the VLMTest classes
upon libvlc release (which is performed at the end of each test method).
The error was about some input not properly released during the libvlc
cleanup. The vlm_Delete is called in many modules and I thought that
changing it could have caused regressions (if it is used in many places
as is, and no one complained about it, the delete should be correct as
is for those situations), and the lack of tests on those modules does
not help.

If you are confident about moving the clear_medias inside the
vlm_delete, it's ok for me.

Cheers,
Filippo