[vlc-devel] [patches][ActiveX] FF plugin compatibility

Anthony Loiseau thannoy at actech-innovation.com
Fri Apr 11 12:26:57 CEST 2008

Ok. I agree not to push generated files, so I agree the discrad of the
third patch.

But if we remove those generated files from git, then we will also have
to find a solution to compile ActiveX for those requirements :

 - nightly compilation process
      midl (MS windows program) required for VB compatibility,
      run under wine?

 - midl compiler is shipped with MS Visual studio at leat
      looks like an expensive licence.

I think it was the reasons why those generated files were pushed on the
svn.

Summary for others readers to better understand :
http://git.videolan.org/?p=vlc.git;a=blob;f=projects/activex/README.TXT
Those three files are generated from "axvlc.idl" :
  axvlc_idl.c
  axvlc_idl.h
  axvlc.tlb
And are, for now, available on git.