[vlc-devel] Setting audio tracks PIDs when streaming mpeg-ts

jboileau jboileau at gmail.com
Mon Apr 14 15:00:48 CEST 2008

Hi,

I need to set PIDs for my audio tracks when I stream a movie to
MPEG-TS. This is a requirement imposed by the subsystem that render's
the stream. In VLC we can easily set the audio PID but that only sets
the PID for the first audio track. We have two. In the past, with
version 0.8.6, if I would set the PID to 80 the second track would get
it's PID always attributed the next value which is 81. So that worked
fine. But now with 0.9.0 if I set the PID to 80 for the first track,
the second track gets an incremented PID on every play. It starts at
81 but the next play will get a PID of 82 and so on. Is there a way to
specify a fixed PID for the second audio track?

Thanks,

Jacques Boileau