[vlc-devel] Problem with git on Mac OS X

Dave Still dave at stilldesigning.com
Tue Apr 15 23:24:43 CEST 2008

I'm trying to compile VLC latest from git on OS X 10.5 Leopard with
the latest iPhone SDK.  I'm able to successfully pull vlc from git
using the instructions on the wiki, but when I try to bootstrap the
extras/contrib folder, I get the following error:

+ git help
+ echo 'You do not have a Git client in your PATH.'
You do not have a Git client in your PATH.
+ test -z ''
+ set +x

* If you are building contribs for a release build of VLC *
* Please run CONTRIBS_RELEASE=sexy ./bootstrap            *

I have git installed in /sw/bin (through Fink, obviously).  I have
tried adding /sw/bin to the PATH and soft-linking all of the git*
files in /sw/bin to /usr/bin, but it always tells me that I don't have
git installed.  What am I doing wrong here?

Thanks,
- Dave