[vlc-devel] Fwd: RTMP patches

Miguel Angel Cabrera Moya madmac2501 at gmail.com
Wed Apr 16 12:08:12 CEST 2008

On Wed, 2008-04-16 at 12:49 +0300, Ilkka Ollakka wrote:
> On ke 16. huhtikuuta 2008 11:25:38, Mad Mac wrote:
> > On Wed, 2008-04-16 at 07:59 +0300, Ilkka Ollakka wrote:
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > Nice patches, few question:
> > > - in rtmp-access did you notice, that if connection starts and server
> > >   just doens't send any content, module is stuck in that while(
> > >   fifo_buffer ) < 10 loop forever?
> > Yes, maybe would be better to move that loop to Read function. That is
> > what you propose?
>
>  Yes, and also it could have some limit how long it waits that buffer to
>  fillup before it desides that it's not gonna happen.

I dont like timers unless are strictly necessary, if nothing happens
then can stop with the button.

> > > - that access-output module is for pushing stream to rtmp-server, not
> > >   implementing rtmp-serverside in itself?
> > Yes, is for pushing to rtmp-server. It implements the functionality of a
> > flash plugin to do so.

I were wrong here i am implementing rtmp server functionality

>  Do you have some simple howto on this part, that I could test agains't
>  red5 for example ?
Launch vlc with:
vlc -vvv IronMan.flv --sout
'#transcode{vcodec=FLV1,acodec=mp3}:std{access=rtmp,mux=ffmpeg{mux=flv},dst=localhost:1936/x/x}'

Transcoding is necessary, else only sound is played.

Then connect with a swf like the one included with red5 called
publisher.swf  and press play.