[vlc-devel] Libvlc: detect stream not received

jboileau jboileau at gmail.com
Wed Apr 16 17:44:52 CEST 2008

Hi,

I am receiving and displaying a video stream using libvlc. The stream
is RTSP, but I guess my request could apply to other protocols: How
can I detect if I stop receiving the stream?

The context is this. I render the video stream of security video
cameras and if a camera stops or is cut off from the network for a
while, the last rendered image will stay visible and might give a
false sense of security because nothing seems to be happening. Since
some of these feeds are of locations when normally there isn't any
movement, a still image looks the same as a normal feed.

I would like somehow to detect I haven't been receiving anything for
sometime (sometime would be in the order of 1 second or so) and then I
would display a warning that the displayed image is not live. When I
start receiving a feed I would then remove the message

Thanks,

--
Jacques Boileau