[vlc-devel] libvlc_playlist_play: crash when changing item

cb cbouleau at users.sf.net
Fri Apr 18 20:45:18 CEST 2008

Hello,

I am building a video player using libvlc (0.8.6c) under Windows XP.

My application allows to change the current item (the items were
previously added with the libvlc_playlist_add function).
To do that I use in the code the libvlc_playlist_play function (using
the new item Id as second parameter).

Frequently (especially with big video files), calling this function
causes a crash or an abnormal and unpredictable behaviour (the
subsequent libvlc functions calls does not work normally).

I tried to put a temporisation after the call to libvlc_playlist_play :
the problem occurs less frequently but still occurs, and I can not find
any workaround.

Perhaps does a better/safer solution to change the current item exist ?

Thank you in advance for any help,

Chris. B