[vlc-devel] Wish to contribute to Playlist and Media Library development

Jean-Baptiste Kempf jb at videolan.org
Mon Apr 21 18:03:45 CEST 2008

Hello Peter,

Peter Krausche a écrit :
> My name is Peter Krausche. Although I'm an American, I've lived in
> Switzerland for most of my life. I've been a software engineer for over
> 25 years and would like to contribute to your project.
We would welcome your contribution.

> In the VideoLAN Developer's Corner, I saw that you're already thinking
> about adding Media Library support to the VLC Player. I would love it if
> the VLC Player had the same Media Library capabilities as other
> well-known media players, capabilities such as managing video and audio
> files by artist, album, etc. and integrating album artwork.
Have you look at what we have done in the current development version?
We have a media library (Not that good though) and album artwork.
However, those fields would welcome improvements.

> I would very much like to help with coding and perhaps with the GUI
> design. Could you please let me know who to get in touch with so we can
> talk about what already has and still needs to be done?
For the GUI on linux/windows, /me.
For the artworks, funman/
For the GUI on Mac, feepk.
For the playlist internals and libvlc interaction, pdherbemont and funman
And a lot other stuffs and people helping.
Come to IRC to chat.
jb