[vlc-devel] Google summer of code 2008 project : Enhance PVR aspects of VLC

Dylan Yudaken dyudaken at gmail.com
Tue Apr 22 20:55:17 CEST 2008

Hi Everyone,

Quick email to introduce my summer of code project.
I am going to be working on PVR aspects of VLC. Pierre d'Herbemont is
going to be my mentor.
Specifically
1. making the timeshift module really good and full featured
2. Implementing a good on screen interface that shows the state of the
timeshift buffers (recording status, buffer size etc)
3. Making a nice interface that can run VLC on a tv so that all the
newishVLC

This could really give a whole new aspect to VLC, especially with VLM &
new media library.

The wiki for my project is here
http://wiki.videolan.org/SoC_2008/Enhance_PVR_capabilities_of_VLC.
<http://wiki.videolan.org/SoC_2008/Enhance_PVR_capabilities_of_VLC>